StatCounter

Saturday, July 27, 2024

Another Darn Funeral



My lovely wife and I went to another friend’s funeral Friday. It was just a few months ago we sent her husband off to his final rest. I guess we are at that age where we go to more funerals than weddings. Yeah, it sucks. 


Friday evening we gathered with a few friends by a campfire and decompressed. I’m grateful to live in a place where campfires are normal and expected. Sitting around a fire sure beats looking at a computer screen. 


During the time of the virus a few of us gathered together every week around a campfire. It was a special time. It’s easy to find excuses not to meet with friends. I’m so glad we made the time. There’s no telling what the future may bring. 


Today I’m going on a long scooter ride just to visit with an old high school buddy. He just got a clean bill of health after cancer surgery. You can’t take your friends for granted. 


-Sixbears

4 comments:

  1. Hi Six Bears...,
    "10-4!!!"
    skybill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lost two Aunts this month.

    Good reasons to make time to say Hi! before they are gone.

    More campfires, visits vs internet.

    ReplyDelete