StatCounter

Friday, July 12, 2024

Flooded Out


. . . but not for long. The rain came down hard enough Thursday night to flood every road that would allow me to leave the house. Fortunately I didn’t need to go anywhere. My lovely wife and I went into town Friday afternoon as the waters had dropped enough. Driving on flooded roads is a recipe for disaster so waiting it out was the wise thing to do. 


There were an awful lot of washouts but they mostly chewed up the dirt shoulders. There were a few places that could eat a car so caution was required. 


I was pleased to hear that my daughter’s place in Montpelier VT was high and dry. While the capital didn’t get it too bad this time around nearby towns got clobbered. Whole houses were washed away and RT 2 was closed. 


I’m glad my house is at a high enough elevation not to worry about being flooded. 


-Sixbears


2 comments:

  1. Every time it rains hard here , my relatives all start contacting ,asking us . Did you get flooded ?
    Like we keep telling them , our house is one of the high points in the area , and the ocean itself would have to overfill by thirty feet to flood us.
    So , unless we get a thirty foot surge , or a tidal wave bigger than that we're good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In FL it's a game of inches. Having feet of elevation is a big deal.

      Delete