StatCounter

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Paperwork of the Apocalypse



Judging from my little personal little shipwreck disaster, the Apocalypse is going to require extensive paperwork. Even the end of the world won't save us from bureaucratic hell. I suspect at the end it'll only be cockroaches and lawyers.

I hope I've satisfied the paperwork requirements of my boat insurance company. It's a little difficult with some of my information floating towards Cuba. However, Boat US has been a good to deal with in the past so I suspect they'll treat me right. Thank goodness I didn't have to pay for the boat salvage.

One bright spot, it looks like my homeowners insurance will pay for the loss of at least some of our personal belongings. The adjustor asked a lot of questions on the phone then said he'd send claim forms my way. I've got e-mail copies already. In all my years of paying for homeowners insurance we've never made a claim so I don't feel too bad about filling out one now.

People have given us some items to replace what was lost and that's been really nice. Just got a nice almost new sleeping bag to replace the one we lost. We now have enough gear to do some camping when we get back from our cruise.

Amazon has one of my missing credit cards on file still I've been able order a few things. I'll call it in for replacement once my stuff comes in.

With any luck the paperwork will be under control in a few days.

-Sixbears

10 comments:

  1. Cockroaches and lawyers - same thing in my book.
    Good luck sorting it all out before you go cruising.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're doing okay. I hope you don't mind me stealing the cockroaches and lawyers comment. I'll note the source.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you give credit it's not stealing. You are a gentleman of the Internet.

      Delete
  3. Adding insult to injury.
    Glad the homeowners ins is stepping up, that is going to be a big help.

    Gotta admire your stoicism.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad that you are going to get reimbursed for some of the loss. But I am sure a lot of things will not be covered.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you're right. After we had the fire up here, which was bad enough, the parade of appraisers , contractors, et al was a lot worse than the actual event.

    ReplyDelete
  6. really relax on the cruise. it will help you both heal from that killer--stress.

    ReplyDelete