StatCounter

Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Home and finances



My lovely wife pan roasted coffee for the first time while I was in the hospital. She’s seen me do it but never had to do it herself. It came out great, the best coffee I’ve had in a couple weeks. Hospital coffee was undrinkable. My daughter’s coffee was pretty good. However, nothing beats coffee from fresh roasted beans. It’s one of the little pleasures of being home.

Normally I’m the one doing the cooking. My lovely wife has taken over while I’m recovering. Her secret is out: she really can cook. For example, dinner was pork chops with mushroom gravy, brown rice, asparagus and a side of roasted spiced apples. When we first married she could not successfully boil water three times on a row. The third time she’d do something like set the stove on fire.

My recovery is coming along. There’s not much to do but spend time reading or on the computer. I’m avoiding watching too much news. Anger and despair are not conductive to healing.

Then there’s the little issue of how I’m going to pay for my hospital stay. What that bill is going to be is anyone’s guess. My son-in-law helped me fill out a whole bunch of forms. The hospital may cut me a deal. I’m not worried about it. As I see it the situation can go one of two ways. One way the hospital sets up an affordable payment plan. If that doesn’t happen the only thing to do is to let the bill go to collections.

Anyone who gets that account will be sorry. Sure, they can harass me for seven years, but if I don’t give them a penny they eventually go away. My credit rating goes down the drain, but during my life it’s been everything from terrible to excellent. Ionly need good credit to get loans I can’t afford anyway.

I hate to do this, but the medical system was supposed to be fixed by now. Both parties promised affordable health care of one sort or another. Instead we have the worse of all worlds and that’s not my fault. So it goes.


-Sixbears



6 comments:

  1. I'll keep praying; you keep behaving! - lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gorges. As I get better it takes a bit more will to behave -but I certainly don't want to go back to the hospital.

      Delete
  2. Regarding not being able to pay the bills. There's a reason the hospitals pad the bills so much. You might as well get back some of your tax dollars.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll do what I have to do. Not much choice there.

      Delete
  3. So far your healing has given you a 1st Mate and now a Chef for your yacht! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She'll want me to cook while she takes the helm. :)

      Delete