StatCounter

Thursday, July 11, 2019

New fitness incentive and a storm



I’ve a new fitness incentive. I just ran up the hill from the lake in my fastest time in about a year. My secret? Mosquitoes. Just before sunset I came back to my beach and tied up the sailboat. Then the swarm hit. Shorts and a t-shirt didn’t provide much protection. Best cardio workout ever.

But seriously folks. I’m still working on getting my endurance back. I figure it’s about 85% of what it was before my leg infection got bad. Not that I was exactly an athlete before, but I had been pretty active. When you are a big guy it’s the only way to stay healthy.

In other news I see a serious storm has popped up in the Gulf of Mexico. It’s either going to be a strong tropical storm or it might reach hurricane status. Heavy rainfall will most likely be the biggest threat. As I write this its path is still not certain. If you are anywhere from Texas to Mississippi better be ready. For that matter, Florida is experiencing high winds and rip tides in places. Be careful everybody.

That storm is pretty much in line with the hurricane season forecasts. Conditions are ripe for these pop up weather systems over the warm Gulf waters. We aren’t supposed to have many big storms that start off the coast of Africa and travel across the Atlantic. That’s good, but the Gulf storms can be plenty big enough. Another consideration is that there’s less time to prepare for them.

Hope everyone takes proper precautions down by the Gulf of Mexico.

-Sixbears

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We don't worry too much about Gulf storms here on the east side of Florida. Just a bunch of rain and our place is pretty much safe from flooding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With any luck this will be a mild hurricane season for you guys.

      Delete
  4. Yeah, the bugs have been vicious this year. Good to hear you're getting better all around though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Improving all the time.

      The bug population just exploded. Wow!

      Delete