StatCounter

Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Nobody’s running to Canada



Remember how in 2016 there was all this talk about running away to Canada? Guess what? That really happened, at least it did where I live. Many of us have friends and relatives across the border. That makes moving there a lot easier. My lovely wife lost her really good doctor when the doctor moved to the land of hockey and poutine.


One of my daughters normally would have gone to Canada after this election. However, she always vacations in Canada after an election. She says it’s a good way to clear her head and also let the country cool down a bit.


Maybe we should all vacation in Canada for a while and cool down. Too bad the border is closed. I can’t say I blame them.


-Sixbears


7 comments:

  1. Are you an American? Why would you leave the country which has provided you with so much? A true American will stay and stand for this great Country; not run away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did I say anywhere in post that I'm running away?

      However, I'm only alive today because my ancestors left their home country when the going got bad. They probably would have gotten executed.

      Delete
  2. Hello from Canada ... if this pandemic ever gets under control the borders will reopen. I don't blame any American for vacationing or even moving to Canada. It seems to me that there is endless turmoil in the US. Where I live in a coastal town, it's a good life all around. I have vacationed in the US many times and what I have noticed is a distinct difference between the two cultures. People in the US seemed to be living with a lot more stress. I hope Biden is able to govern your country, unlike Trump. He seems to be a decent man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to another extended visit to your country when it's possible to do so. Borders can be such an annoyance.

      Delete
  3. I give you points for admitting Joe is gonna win. Right now travel options are limited, but I'll travel again, don't you worry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You may not realize it yet, but Trump will most likely be declared the winner. There is a little remembered document which contains the 12th Ammendment which was ratified in 1804. You might want to check it out.

    ReplyDelete