StatCounter

Thursday, June 23, 2022

More Stupid Drug Store Issues



A while back I posted how an automated notification sent me on a while goose chase to get my lovely wife’s prescription filled. It’s almost a 100 mile round trip but the drug store is in a program that saves us hundred’s of dollars every month. 


So my lovely wife gets the drug store on the phone and they say her meds will be ready after 10 a. m.. Fine. I drive out there, taking the scooter because gas ain’t cheap. There’s one heck of a line at the drive through and I wait over 40 minutes to talk with the pharmacist. I’m patient, but it’s starting to wear thin.


She tells me I’m a day early. She does not care that I had confirmation on the phone that I could pick up the meds. Just to make things interesting, the pharmacy will be closed the next four days due to staffing issues. If everything goes perfectly I might be able to pick my wife’s meds before she has medical issues. I probably shouldn’t mention that this is a Walgreens in Littleton NH, but the truth is the truth. 


Well, it is what it is. Rather than have the whole day turn into a bust I did a little detour. The road up to Week’s State Park in Lancaster NH is open. There’s a new little shack near the entrance. My first thought was that they were now charging to go up the road. Nope, there was just a young guy there to give out information. The road is a pleasant little ride on a scooter. Great views.



While I was at I figured might as well take a selfie:




Got my good side too!


-Sixbears



4 comments:

  1. took a cvs seven days to fill my bp med script, after the confirmation call, and three trips. common everyday med too, nothing exotic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The medical system continues to fall apart. I hear a lot of people having trouble. My wife's medication makes the difference between having a life or lying in bed all day.

      Delete
    2. I suggest gummy bears for momma bear.

      Delete