StatCounter

Friday, October 22, 2010

Good day for fiddling

While Rome burns.

That's how I feel sometimes.

Might as well strike up a jaunty tune as the best efforts of clever people are for naught. Then I remember, it's not my fault. I'm not responsible for the world's mess.

At least a little fiddling lifts the spirits, and that's something.

Specifically, I see a lot of people I know having really tough times. They've been holding it together, barely. Then things catch up to them. Medical bills get too big. The car breaks down. They get too far behind on the mortgage, or the taxes. The furnace breaks and there's no money to replace it. Unemployment benefits run out. All those things and a whole lot more are happening.

People get depressed. There may be some things they can do, but they know it's not enough. Why bother? Sure, they may buy a little time . . . but what if what's needed is a lot of time? At that point might as well just get a good seat. Empires don't die everyday. It'd be a shame to miss something.

Too bad I never learned how to play the fiddle. Guess I'll have to make due with my old guitar and the couple dozen cords I know.

Maybe I'm just in a mood, or maybe Rome is burning.

-Sixbears

2 comments:

  1. Bro it is burning but no sense getting depressed.Play that guitar,sing and dance maybe say a little prayer we all who had nothing to do with this mess come out good on the far side.

    China
    III

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the marshmallows!

    ReplyDelete