StatCounter

Monday, June 14, 2010

Home from the city

New Hampshire's State Capital is pretty small as far as cities go, but it's more than big enough for me. Sunday I drove the 2.5 hours down to the capital for a friend's commencement ceremony.

On the way home, I noticed a drop in my tension level as soon as I got north of the White Mountains. Hadn't even noticed I had tension until it was gone. Once I go off the highway onto the back roads, I relaxed some more.

It was still light when I got home so I joined my lovely wife on my deck overlooking the lake. The birds were all doing their evening songs. An Osprey with a large trout in its talons flew towards me before veering off to circle for more altitude. At that point, I was finally totally relaxed.

I belong out here in the woods.

-Sixbears

No comments:

Post a Comment