StatCounter

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Well Met



It has been a time of happy meetings. A buddy of mine who I’ve known since Jr. High School surprised us and had a reservation in the same campground my lovely wife and I were in. We had some good times around the fire. The next day we paddled off the coast of Maine. My lovely wife and I in our canoe, my buddy and his wife in their double sea kayak.

On Friday my lovely wife went with the kids to the beach. My friends and I went to the Maine Maritime Museum. Both my buddy and I have dabbled a bit building small boats, so the museum was a real treat. It had been over 25 years since I’d been there last. That’s way too long between visits.

My lovely wife and I got home Friday night between 11 and midnight. At 2 A. M my dad snuck into the house and took at nap on the couch. He’d driven all the way up from Florida without telling us he was coming. He likes to surprise people. My dog, who barks like crazy when anyone comes to the door, didn’t make a sound. I guess all that bacon my dad gives the dog paid off.

We spent the morning catching up with friends and relatives. All three of his great grandkids will be here during his visit. Two out of three of his grandkids have connected with him already. One of my daughters is over in Europe for a couple weeks, so she won’t see him. It should be a good time.

I think tomorrow dad and I will make our way out to the range and see if we can make a little noise and smoke. Looks like good times ahead.

-Sixbears

10 comments:

  1. You are having a great time. Enjoy yourself, you are building memories. I guess your Dad is running from the heat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He certainly is, plus all of his friends have left FL for the duration. With storms brewing in Atlantic, maybe he should stay up here for a while.

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful surprise for you and your family! Perhaps Dad has made a great choice to avoid the heat. There seems no let up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's warm for NH, but nothing like FL. I think it's pleasant. Great to see dad again.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like the Lord has really been smiling on you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Phyllis (N/W Jersey)August 4, 2012 at 9:04 PM

    Family and friends - ain't nothing better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let the good times roll! Glad that Dad has a place to go visit for a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww. I hope he's still around when we get home! Sending love...

    ReplyDelete