StatCounter

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Down the coast



I'm not trying to rub it in. There's a blizzard going on back home in New England but I'll be heading further down the Florida coast. It's warmer further south. Right now I've got three nights booked in the Ft. Myer's area. Then we are booked into Key Largo for another three nights. After that we'll figure out what to do or where to go.

Hey, I couldn't go home if I wanted to right now. The airports and roads are closed. Besides, my house is frozen solid and soon to be buried in snow.

We know some folks who escaped New Hampshire about the time we did and went straight to Key West. As a veteran he can stay in the military campground -the best deal on the island. If you like to camp and are a vet there are some great campgrounds. I'm not a vet myself so those places are not open to me. Fair is fair. Veterans should get a few perks for their service.

Most campgrounds in the Keys are booked solid this time of year. Sometimes there are last minute cancellations. If a person is willing to be flexible sometimes it's possible get some sweet camping sites. Last year we booked a week in the Keys by stringing together last minute cancellations from three campgrounds. None of them are all that far apart so it's not a hardship.

Of course, I don't expect any sympathy about last minute bookings from the folks back home in the blizzard.

-Sixbears

3 comments:

  1. Sure hope you have been having as beautiful weather as we have over here. Sunny days and cool clear nights with bright stars, love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Better south than north, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. North will make a whole lot more sense in a few months.

      Delete