StatCounter

Sunday, November 24, 2019

Always planning



I’ve been pretty focused on travel. First is was our train trip to California. Now I’m focused on the last few details before heading south for the winter. It seems I’m always planning something.

So what happens after we get back in the spring? Plenty. On thing we are going to concentrate on is getting the house and land back in shape. While we were in California a contractor removed the old deck from the house.

My daughter was concerned that the whole thing would collapse. Sure enough, that’s exactly what happened to the contractor. Fortunately, he had staging and supports in place to protect his crew. I’m glad nobody was hurt. Hiring someone to do the job kinda bugged me, but it was the smart thing to do. My family only had to twist my arm for weeks to make it happen.

When we get back home in a week or so I’ll inspect the house to see if it needs any work to survive the winter in good shape. Cleaning up the debris will have to wait until spring when the snow is gone.

Spring projects will include a new stairway to the beach, raised beds for the garden, and a new waterline for the well. I better spend the winter getting into good condition because I’m going to need it.

It’s not going to be all work, of course. The is no sense living by a nice mountain lake if you don’t take time to enjoy it. We also plan on having a lot more campfires and cookouts. While rebuilding the house is good, rebuilding relationships with friends and family is even more important.

-Sixbears

2 comments: