StatCounter

Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Solar Storms



If you are reading this, congratulations. Your grid is still up. We have a serious amount of activity on the sun. It’s possible there will be CME blackouts. Just to make things interesting solar activity has  been linked to earthquakes. All that energy hitting the earth shakes things up. 


The sun is going through a period where blackouts could happen at any time. Are you prepared? If you in an area suffering from heat I hope you have options. Life without AC could be dicey. Also there are people who need to keep medications refrigerated. 


As for myself I sleep much better using a c-pap machine. It’s plugged into my solar electric system. I can also run it on my other backup systems. If you do use a c-pap look to see if it has an option to run directly on 12 volts. I had to buy a separate power cord but it works just fine. The machine uses a lot less power running on 12 volts. Most c-paps them use a transformer to step the power down from house current and there’s efficiency loss there. 


No matter where you live it pays to plan for life without grid power. In some places lack of grid power is life threatening.


-Sixbears

No comments:

Post a Comment