StatCounter

Sunday, July 17, 2022

Wasted Day



I wasted a perfectly nice Saturday. It was going to be a ten or fifteen minute phone call to sort some cell phone issues. My old cell phone company had been bought out and service went down the drain. There were issues with connecting to cell towers. 

With that in mind I tried to set up an account with another company. The sim card came in the mail in a timely manner. However, their on-line activation did not work. So much for trying to deal with companies on-line. This is where phone service hell came in. We started in the morning and didn’t finish until the evening -and by finish I meant I was finished with the company.

Monday I’m going to be reduced to walking into a cell phone phone store in town to see what they can do. After setting my unlocked android phone on the counter I’m going to grunt and tell them to make it go. Hopefully by Monday my patience will have returned. The on-line service folks used it all up. For some reason every time my case was bumped up the chain of command the techs got dumber. Was that a plan? 

Anyway, the day would have been better spent fishing. The morning started with me having accounts with two cell phone companies and the day ended with me having no accounts. That’s progress, of a sort. 

-Sixbears

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear of your troubles. Good customer service is so very underrated.

    Have never carried a cell phone myself. Plan to be the last person on Earth without one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My lovely wife and I actually share a cell phone. Drives people nuts.

      Delete
    2. She has a smart phone and I have an old flip phone.
      Thing is, I never or rarely ever have my phone on my person lol.
      So if you do call me, for sure leave a message. I'll eventually pick the thing up and check for calls...
      BTW , noticed you e-mailed me your new cell number. I actually put it in my phone too !

      Delete