StatCounter

Saturday, July 9, 2022

The beat goes on



New York City just issued an indoor mask advisory . . . again. Buckle up for another round. Covid is the gift that keeps on giving. Blame the new variants. The current covid maps clearly show NYC is a hotspot. California and much of the west looks bad. Florida is on the rise, probably from more people staying indoors and using AC. 


Dang, I know this is unpopular news. I just had a fairly normal feeling camping trip with a lot of friends and relatives. On the other hand we were mostly outside so ventilation was excellent. Currently New England numbers are pretty low so that helped my sense of security. Even so, I worse a mask when shopping in stores. While New England numbers are good people travel to the coast of Maine from all over. It would not surprise me if Maine sees a spike because of it. 


Personally I was never bothered by wearing a mask. It might help that I’ve invested in really good masks that are comfortable and effective. Since I have a preexisting lung condition I’m probably more cautious than most people need to be. 


I was feeling fairly crappy the day after coming home from vacation. My covid test was negative. I suspected it was mostly my bad allergies kicking in, but it didn’t hurt to be cautious. Besides, I have all these free covid tests lying around anyway. 


My guess is that we might be dealing with outbreaks for a year or two yet. I hope I’m wrong. 


-Sixbears


6 comments:

  1. The Rona was just too convenient an excuse for them to let it die.....therefore it's going to come roaring back bigger than ever. Just in time for them to lock us down and invoke "Mail In Voting" in November in order to allow for even MORE blatant election theft.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing say election theft like insurrection.

      Delete
    2. Jan 6, if you must ask. I know what I saw.

      Delete
    3. Not to pick a fight I enjoy your blog but two people died that day. Both Trump supporters. And when they had to put Trump in the safe room — that was ok? And when antifa entered the senate? Check out Biden selling a billion barrels of our oil “strategic reserves” to China last month…I’m not advocating for either side, just cautioning you to keep your eyes open. Peace out.

      Delete
    4. In a nation of 400 million guns they didn't bring any for an "insurrection".....

      Delete