StatCounter

Monday, January 22, 2024

Still Here



I’m still standing. Yep, it’s been a minute. 


The holidays were . . . meh. Even my very low keys plans did not happen. My lovely wife was all the way down to Texas for Christmas while I was up here in New Hampshire. Her parents in Texas are having some medical issues so she felt the visit was a good idea. It was kinda a last minute trip.  Fortunately she did not get stuck down there and was back before New Years. 


The household just got over being sick. Tis the season. That’s what we get for trying to connect in person with people. I thought I’d share my experience with the anti-viral Paxlovid. My infection experience was a pretty rough one but I started on Paxlovid on day 2. By day 3 there was some improvement -which made a big difference in my comfort level. After that the symptoms were greatly reduced. The side effect was a nasty sour taste in my mouth that could linger for hours. The best way to describe the taste was like bad hangover mouth from too much overly sweet booze. Still worth it. 


Your results may vary. A good friend got infected a couple days before me. We had not been in physical contact so I didn’t get it from him. He also got good results from Paxlovid but had a rebound infection. 

The rebound was mild, but he tested positive for another week after having had two negative tests. 


It’s really winter up in the Great White North. There’s a couple of feet of snow on the ground and temperatures have been below zero. It’s supposed to warm up some for the next week or so. In spite of the cold I’ve been playing around in the snow. It’s darn pretty out there. 


-Sixbears


2 comments:

  1. Good to hear your still alive!

    Was worried about you.

    Michael

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is fine. I was dealing with stuff then we all decided to get sick. Lovely. Anyway, things are looking up.

      Delete