StatCounter

Sunday, July 29, 2012

The games



The Olympic games don’t interest me. I didn’t watch the opening ceremony. Really don’t care who wins the metals.

Spectacle and distraction.

I can’t afford to be distracted now. There’s a stillness in the air, but it’s the stillness that comes before the storm.

Now is the time to think and to plan. There are dark days ahead my friends and I’ve learned a thing or two about dark days.

They may start out slow or with a bang. Sometimes there are really bad days and sometimes the days seem almost normal. One thing for sure, dark days last longer and go deeper than anyone ever expects. It doesn’t matter how prepared you think you are, there’s always going to be something nasty out there to surprise you.

Some days we just endure. We take it. We keep on taking it until we think we can take no more -and then we endure some more.

When preppers worry they buy another big bag of rice or another brick of .22 ammo. Tibetans give their prayer wheels another spin. We add another can of pears to the pile. It’s all the same. We are both trying to insure a better future. Maybe the Tibetans have the right attitude. As a people they’ve known their own dark days.

Look around at the good things of the world. Will they endure or will they soon become a fading memory, like an old photograph left in the sun too long? Maybe we should be like the Parisians waiting for the Nazis to march into town. Drink up all the good wine before the Cretins move in.
Maybe sports are your good wine. Perhaps it is the thing you savor as something that might disappear tomorrow. Fine then, but don’t let it distract you. Don’t wake up like a hung over Frenchman who was too drunk to take the last train to the coast.

When these big International spectacles take place, look past them and try and figure out what’s really happening. Are warships on the move? World Bankers meeting in secret? Politicians sneakily passing another bad bit of special interest legislation? You can be assured that something shady is going on. When people eyes are turned elsewhere, the rogues come out and play.

Yes, there are some big games being playing right now, but not in arenas. No, they are taking place somewhere behind closed doors, with as few spectators as possible.


-Sixbears

18 comments:

  1. Sixbears for President!!! Let's all so a write-in vote for Sixbears. Bet he wasn't born in Kenya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was thinking along these same lines last night. Friends all excited by NASCAR and the Olympics and me wondering how far I can stretch the preps without either of us noticing too much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our heads are in a different place than the people around us. It makes us wonder.

      Delete
  3. The really messed up part in all that is it seems the internet is "dead". Like it's being "scrubbed" of any real news. I told a friend yesterday that I feel as if I am watching the water get sucked out to sea- right before the tsunami strikes...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a variety of methods to bury independent news. All of them seem to be in full force lately.

      Everything disappears down the memory hole. If I see something interesting, I copy and save it to my hard drive. Seen to many bookmarked items disappear. So much for cloud computing.

      Delete
    2. I use a Mozilla Firefox plugin called "Scrapbook" to do just that as well often! It archives an entire site to a hard drive, going one, two, three or more levels deep.

      Depending on the size of the sight, however, past two levels is a LOT of data. But for that rare site with lots of knowledge or ponderings.. like this one. :P

      BriarPatch

      Delete
    3. Good tip, and thanks for the kind words about my site. Just noticed I have over 1000 posts. Where does the time go?

      Delete
  4. Such a dark flavor to this post. I love it!

    "The Olympic Games! Turning another city into a police state with no benefit to the locals. Coming to you soon!"

    The parody-killings aside, the Joker is my favorite character in the Batman movies. He cares not about money. He wishes to introduce chaos into the system to show the believers in that system just how fragile it is. It's made me appreciate the things I have much more. Not the material things so much, mind you.

    I've always liked storms. I like the calm before the storm and the chaos of the storm. It's all one big cycle that repeats - every day to every millenium and beyond. Empires will rise and fall on this earth for as long as mankind inhabits it. Which hasn't been long and won't last all that long in context. Although I could be wrong, but there will always be seekers of power.

    I learn a lot from my dogs. They enjoy today and have faith that tomorrow will bring more water, food and shelter. The nature of it may change, but enjoy today.

    BriarPatch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.

      Now I'm off to purchase another brick of .22 ammo. Ya know.. just in case.
      BP

      Delete
    2. You can always use another brick of .22. :)

      Delete
  5. You are right me thinks. It sure feels to us like the dark days are headed our way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really hope I'm wrong as I don't need to be right.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Nice to know I'm not the only nut job out there.

      Delete
  7. They'll keep trying, but the PTB can't keep the bread & circus status quo together much longer.

    I see a storm on the horizon.

    ReplyDelete