StatCounter

Monday, May 8, 2023

200+ Miles Later


Sunday I put over 200 miles on the scooter. It’s been a while since I’ve put that kind of miles on the little bike. My trip involved going through the White Mountains. It was a pretty pleasant day, but it was a lot cooler in in the mountains. Some thaw out time was needed when I got into the valleys.


So why the big trip? It seemed like a decent day to check out that little SUV that was offered to me. The dirt road to where it was parked had dried out enough to get most of the way there. The scooter only bogged down a couple hundred feet short in what passes for a driveway. Close enough.


My jumper pack got the vehicle started and it sounds good. Not bad for a vehicle that overwintered in the woods. The SUV looked good and I left with the key and the necessary paperwork. My next trip down there will be to slap new plates on and take it home. 


As it turns out some of my good friends lived only about 20 miles away. They had been gone for the weekend but were on their way home when I texted them. Their arrival was about 10 minutes before mine. Great to touch base with old friends. 


It was pretty great to ride some nice twisty mountain roads. All in all, a good day.


-Sixbears

6 comments:

  1. Like a sailboat a scooter ride frees the soul.

    Nice to hear good uplifting news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this a replacement for the Blazer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not exactly. It lacks the towing capacity. Still looking to repair the Blazer. Maybe I'll just sell anything that needs towing.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Was I drunk? Don't know what came over me. Better now.

      Delete