StatCounter

Tuesday, May 23, 2023

A little less under the weather



I’m still suffering from a lovely mixture of a cold plus allergies. On the bright side it appears that I’m getting better instead of getting sicker. 


In spite of feeling less than 100% my patience has run out. There’s stuff to do. Right now the car is jacked up and I’m in the process of changing the brakes and rotors. Normally I could knock a job like that off in an afternoon. Looks like this time it’ll take two, maybe even as many as three days. That’s frustrating, but those days are going to go by whether or not I do anything with them.


One thing I’ve learned over the years is that sometimes you have to pace yourself. When starting to feel too crappy the tools are set down. Then I grab some water and put my feet up for a while. Better to take my time than push forward and do something stupid. After all, these are brakes, not some cosmetic accessory. 


I’m also not too keen on dropping the car on my foot or something else equally stupid. The car jacks that come with your car generally aren’t the highest quality. They are barely good enough to change a tire on the side of the road. A new floor jack would have been great but this month’s been hard on the budget. Reluctantly I’m using the car’s jack for this job. The emergency brake is set, wheels chocked and jack stands are in  place, but I sure do miss having a regular floor jack. 


But if wishes were horses I wouldn’t be changing brakes on a car. I’d be riding a horse instead. 


-Sixbears


4 comments:

  1. Please be careful, and don't get fluid in your eye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pacing yourself is important. As the old saying goes, don't write checks your body can't cash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great saying. I've been known to default now and then.

      Delete