StatCounter

Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Successful Day



I’m always a bit nervous when trying to register a vehicle bought out of state. New Hampshire’s requirements and other state requirements don’t always mesh. When I bought a boat on a trailer in Maine the boat paperwork was fine. However, the trailer had no documentation New Hampshire would accept. Was a pain. I had some back and forth with the previous owner and law enforcement had to inspect the trailer. Weird. 


Tuesday I was only a little nervous but the SUV I bought in Maine had acceptable paperwork. (don’t try to register a car bought in Florida in New Hampshire if you don’t have days to waste.) It helps that I can do all that at my local town hall. There was only one customer ahead of me. I know the town clerk by name and they know me. It was actually a fairly pleasant experience.


After that I stopped in at my insurance agent to slap some insurance on it. Did you know that car insurance is optional in New Hampshire? I won’t go without it but I think its cool that it is not required. 


Now all I have to do is get a ride out to the remote area of Maine where the SUV is. The dirt roads have had a few good dry days so the mud situation should be acceptable. 


Look at me: being all responsible and acting like a responsible citizen. 


-Sixbears

6 comments:

  1. LOL, all grown up and everything, chuckling.

    Brisk here started off around 30 degrees. Seems there's a good reason to wait until Mothers Day to plant gardens eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. While you're in the "adulting mode" (still chuckling, as I too am mostly a big kid at heart) have you asked your beloved lady about recommended herbal titles?

    It's getting time to plant more of my medicine garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My lovely wife said that normally she'd jump up and dig up that stuff, but her allergies have laid her low.

      Delete
    2. Hope she feels better soon. None of her herbal remedies are helpful for seasonal allergies?

      https://www.self.com/story/natural-seasonal-allergies-remedies

      Benadryl is my go to for general allergic issues (I have seasonal and food pesticide allergies ER level)

      Delete
  3. Now, try to get it inspected. Mean of me isn't it?

    ReplyDelete