StatCounter

Sunday, May 14, 2023

Road Trip



I finally was able to pick up that Ford Escape located way out on an off-grid property. The ground had finally dried out enough so the vehicle didn’t sink up to its belly. 


So far the only big issue I noticed on the way home was a dead battery. I jumped it then drove for about 40 minutes. After stopping for gas it would not start up again. Once more it had to be jump started. The next time I stopped was in front of an auto parts place where I purchased a new battery. While there I had them test the alternator which was fine.


Tomorrow I’m going to plug in my scan tool to see if the computer is throwing any codes. Changing a battery can do that. Of course, sitting parked for six months with a dead battery can do that too. 


It still has to pass the state inspection so my fingers are crossed. 


All in all it was a good trip. A good friend gave me a ride out to the location. It’s been years since we’ve been on any sort of a road trip together, and that was almost worth it all by itself. 


-Sixbears

5 comments:

  1. A nice report to start my day.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. state inspections are just a money scam.
    the shop/mechanic preforming the inspection do not make any money doing it
    there is no evidence states with state inspections have lower accident/traffic death rates than states that do not.
    if the state budget really cannot survive without the inspection revenue, then roll the inspection fee into the annual registeration fee and carry on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Properly done state inspections do indeed show improvement in overall road safety statistics.

      Rusting out buckets of bolts do poorly when their half assed brakes fail, and the body crush zones fail to perform as designed.

      Speaking as one who did EMS runs and seen it with my own eyes.

      Delete
    2. Scam or not, it is the law.

      However, I see the junk rolling down the highway in non-inspection states like FL and I get a bit concerned.

      Delete