StatCounter

Thursday, May 18, 2023

Middle of May Snow?



Wednesday, May 17, 2023 it was snowing early in the morning. We received another blast of snow early in the afternoon. It’s pretty weird to have my allergies in overdrive white it’s actively snowing. Would the seasons please wait their turn?


My planned outdoor project were definitely put on hold. I’ve never much seen the point of trying to paint something in the snow. My shady tree auto body repairs are behind schedule. 


Locally the old timers around here used to say that it’s safe to plant after the full moon in May. That hasn’t been the case this year. We’ve had a few below freezing nights. One of these days I’m going to have to put up a greenhouse to avoid these cold snaps. 


Today it’s supposed to get into the low 60s. By Friday we will be back into the 70s. The long range forecast looks fairly seasonable after that. Of course, long range forecasts are not worth much these days. 


-Sixbears

3 comments:

  1. The best over all weather forecaster opens a door and looks up just before going on air.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather service building would benefit from the addition of windows.

      Delete
  2. I've a weather string and for backup a tiny tree outside that's my weather report system.

    ReplyDelete