StatCounter

Wednesday, May 17, 2023

The Bear Facts



On trash day I always put out my garbage just before the trucks come by. It doesn’t sit out there very long. The first thing I noticed was that my neighbor’s trash had been torn apart by a bear. They go to work early in the morning so it’s still dark when they put their trash out. 


Just down the road someone else is still putting out trash the night before. No doubt the bear found their trash too. Once a bear gets a free meal they will keep coming back. 


Worse yet was the guy from Rhode Island that actively fed bears. He was lonely. That was entertaining for him  -until the bear starting waiting right at his door for him to come out. Mama bear was demanding. He moved back to RI soon after. 


In the long run training bears to look at humans as a source of food is a bad idea. That’s when ugly encounters happen. Usually it’s the bear that ends up getting shot. I know I have to be be a lot more careful around my property. That’s all thanks to my neighbors not taking the proper precautions. 


-Sixbears

5 comments:

  1. There's always the option of shooting the neighbors to save the Bear, just a suggestion. 80) Training Bears to rely on humans for food is putting the human on the menu. Black bears can be just as aggressive as their larger cousin the Brown bear and I'm sure we taste just like pork.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently our human flesh and blood is saltier than other prey. Once a predator gets a taste for it, they keep coming back. I like not having bears and big cats sniffing around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meh. They are black bears -kinda like overgrown raccoons. Still don't want to surprise one in the dark.

      Delete