StatCounter

Monday, September 2, 2024

Always in the Night



Why is it that smoke/CO detectors always fail in the middle of the night? 


A weird loud beeping noise woke me up. It was one of my older detectors. Neither the carbon monoxide nor the smoke LED was on. Taking it outside into fresh air did nothing. After pulling the battery I found some tiny print explaining the different beeping patterns. The patten it was beeping out signified a total detector malfunction. In the trash it went. 


The new detector mounted about eight feet away never made a beep. I guess that’s now the old detector as I’m getting a new one the next time I’m in town. 


Having numerous detectors comforts me. When I was a firefighter I had to deal with dead people who’d probably still be alive had they detectors. Body recovery was never one of my favorite things to do. 


-Sixbears

No comments:

Post a Comment