StatCounter

Wednesday, September 11, 2024

Road Trip!



I’m doing a test run on the scooter today. Yesterday evening I mounted and installed a new rear tire. The oil’s been changed. It’s good to go. 


The Scooter Cannonball will have a number of 400+ mile days. This a long distance test to make sure everything works as it should. Just like the Cannonball my long ride will involve a lot of twisty back roads and elevation changes. 


My load out will be similar to my load for the event. Tools, spare parts, changes of clothes, lots of water and gasoline. A route for the GPS has been programmed for navigation practice. I’m not even  stopping for a real meal along the way. The plan is scarf down an energy bar during quick fuel stops. 


This summer I’ve gone on a lot of 100 – 200 mile trips but no 400 mile ones. Something always comes up. With summer quickly coming to an end I figured I’d better get this ride in before it freaking snows. 


-Sixbears


2 comments:

  1. Well having ridden those kind of distances on motorcycles in a day. Your bottom is going to be beyond numb, to say the least. If ya don't have hemorrhoids already, you're gonna have them after lol.
    In my experience , a tank of gas determines the duration of non stop seat time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tank is small so regular stops to top it off from the spare gas can gives me a quick leg stretch. It helps.

      Delete