StatCounter

Monday, September 9, 2024

End of the Supply Chain



There’s a lot of be said for living out in the country. There are also some downsides. One big downside is being at the end of the supply chain. If there are going to be shortages they will show up in the hinterlands first. 


Next day Amazon delivery here is a joke -more like next week, if you are lucky. 


During the pandemic we were often out of a lot of items, but there was always something in stock somewhere. It took some flexibility. I also learned that fresh foods and frozen foods had totally different supply chains. When there was no fresh chicken available frozen was. 


Irving is the big gas station chain in this area. A couple weeks ago all the Irving stations were out of gas  and I have no idea why. The whole chain for a good 50 mile area had empty pumps. Fortunately there were other brands that still had gas. It happened before in the winter when snow prevented resupply but I never saw them go dry in the summer before. 


Currently I’m waiting for a new scooter tire to be delivered to the closest Honda dealer. Their closest warehouses are out so it’s coming from some distance away. Stocking up on spare parts for vehicles might be the thing to do. 


Of course, there’s only so much stuff one person can buy and store. With that in mind, make sure essentials like food are made a priority. 


-Sixbears

2 comments:

  1. A new scooter?

    A story please :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a Freudian slip. I meant scooter tire. However, while there the salesman showed me a new Honda ADV 160 scooter -and I liked it a lot. It has better ground clearance, tires and a tad more power than my PCX. I can't swing a new scooter but that doesn't mean I can't dream.

    ReplyDelete