StatCounter

Sunday, September 29, 2024

Repairing stuff



Sometimes I’m just freaking stubborn. I’ve had issues with a second hand washing machine I purchased. No matter how perfectly balanced it was the darn thing shook and rattled like crazy. 


Then I went down the Internet rabbit hole. Eventually I basically rebuilt the whole suspension system. It was better, but still not great. 


Back down the Internet rabbit hole. 


Eventually I discovered a video that showed how to get to a weird reverse thread nut located under the agitator. It was loose. Tightening that up appears to have done the job.  Usually I’m pretty good at figuring out how to fix things -even without Internet access. 


Without the video a certain part would have been destroyed. Most washers need that part part removed but my model did not. The guy who made the video did destroy that very same part before he figured out the right way. It’s nice to learn from other people’s mistakes. 


Now I know a lot more about washing machine repair than I ever wanted to know. These days it’s not what you know but how well you can search through information.


-Sixbears

No comments:

Post a Comment