StatCounter

Sunday, September 1, 2024

Out it goes



I’m somewhat of a pack rat. Throwing stuff out is hard for me. So much junk has potential to be rebuilt into something useful. In spite of my desire to hold onto stuff I’ve been filling up heavy duty trash bags. 


Half my mud room is full of tools and materials. It’s been long overdue for a complete overhaul. I’ve been stuck at home recently and tackling the mud room has been a good way to pass the time. On the bright side I’ve found some tools I thought were lost and gone forever. 


There’s also a lot of just plain garbage. There are tubes of glues and gasket cement that probably solidified years ago. Why did I keep so many empty bags and packaging? Maybe I just need to keep a trash container in the mud room so useless stuff can be easily thrown away? 


Then there is the weird stuff that isn’t exactly junk, but it’s stuff I’ll never use. Things like 1980s Mercedes Benz alternator brushes, ambulance light bar motors and reflectors, and the center console insert for a 1994 Ford pickup truck. Why did I save a bunch of office chair wheels that were replaced with better ones? Who knows?


There’s also a small fortune of nuts, bolts, electrical fixtures, plumbing connectors, and whatnot in serious need of organization. Have you priced that stuff lately? I’m pretty glad I didn’t throw that stuff away. Good thing I saved up a lot of containers. 


-Sixbears


8 comments:

  1. You're making me laugh at a meme "my superpower is saving odd stuff for decades and throwing it away mere days before I need it".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dunno why we keep our pack rat heaven so well stocked ?
    I know why... recently I picked up a new , used project. An eleven and half foot "Nomad" camper of 1971 vintage. Luckily it came out of New Mexico so it very little water damage...
    My junk shed has been a plethora of treasures to help restore the old girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice. All that stuff isn't junk it's useful..

      Delete
  3. I take pride in finding a use for something I've been storing for over 40 years. However, I finally recycled 3 broken printer/scanners I've walked past in my basement for the past 4 years. My son shakes his head and mutters "dumpster" when he walks into my barn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had to let computer stuff go. I can only revive electronics so many times.

      Delete