StatCounter

Thursday, September 5, 2024

Scooter Cannonball Practice



I wear out at least one a rear tire on my scooter every season. Another one is currently on order and should be in tomorrow. It would be possible to get through the rest of the season on the current tire but I have trip plans. 


The scooter event will have 400+ mile days. That’s a lot of miles on a 150 cc scooter. 100 – 150 mile rides are pretty normal for me but I haven’t done more than 300 miles in a day. That wasn’t too bad as I broke up the trip with a lot of stops and had a leisurely lunch. 


The Cannonball won’t be so relaxed. I’m planning out a 400+ mile trip and will emulate rally conditions as much as possible. It will all be on back roads and may even contain some dirt sections. The day will start early with a quick breakfast. Lunch will be grab and go food like power bars -maybe supplemented with an unhealthy gas station snack. Dinner won’t happen until the day’s trip is over. Staying hydrated will be essential. 


The scooter gets a new tire, an oil change and will loaded up with tools and the gear needed for the event. If all goes well that should happen sometime next week.


-Sixbears


No comments:

Post a Comment