StatCounter

Friday, September 3, 2010

Stormwatch

I'm keeping an eye on the remains of hurricane Earl, Way up here in the mountains of NH, it's not supposed to get too bad. I'm expecting a rainy weekend with some decent wind.

There's not all that much to do to prepare. I'm bringing in the deck furniture and making sure all the windows are secured. Later tonight I'll be topping off my battery bank from the grid. Don't expect to get much sun the next few days. If the grid does go down, I'll at least start will full batteries.

Outside of putting a saw in my truck, there's not much more to do. No need to stock up on groceries. We keep a fairly well stocked pantry. Water situation is good.

One cool thing about living in a dome, they do great in storms. The shape deflects the wind. The geometry of a dome makes it strong. That strength is good to have when tree branches start flying though the air.

-Sixbears

No comments:

Post a Comment