StatCounter

Sunday, April 7, 2019

“Blackout” Podcast set in Great North Woods



First of all let me be upfront and say I’ve had nothing to do with this podcast. It’s set in my area and covers what happens in a National blackout. This is not a podcast put together in someone’s garage. The podcast stars Academy Award winning actor Rami Malek.

Here’s an NPR interview about the podcast:

Here’s the link to the podcast itself. It’s also on most podcast streaming services.

First off the majority of the accents are pretty far off. More Boston Massachusetts Than Berlin New Hampshire. However, they did pronounce “Berlin” the way the locals do, so that’s something. One accent is pretty close, but it’s more what we would call old Yankee. While that’s still around you are more likely to hear a version of a local French accent, or people actually talking in the local French patois.

What I find fascinating is that a regular visitor the area decided that it would be an interesting setting for an apocalyptic story. I’ve been thinking about my area in those terms my whole life. They get a lot of stuff right, the geography, how it is to have a Federal prison, the economic depression, and the isolation -especially the isolation.

One actor says something to the effect that people are either born here or are here hiding from something. Seems legit to me.

I’ve listened to the episodes that are currently on-line. It’s pretty good. Lot’s of strangeness. People don’t know what’s going on. Some turn to violence. There’s also some big conspiracy of some sort going on in the background.

I’m curious to see where it all goes.

-Sixbears



2 comments:

  1. I'm right there with ya. It's pretty good story-wise, and they do get quite a bit right about geography and the isolation stuff. Those accents though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's pretty cool that someone set a production like that in our area. But yeah, the accents . . .

      Delete