StatCounter

Friday, April 26, 2019

It’s fine



The snow’s melting but the lake is still ice covered. Flood warnings are happening on a regular basis. That hasn’t affected me all that much. One restaurant that we sometimes frequent has part of the parking lot underwater fairly often. A friend of mine has been unable to work as his employer built on a flood plain. Duh. What did they expect to have happen?

My leg and toe continue to improve. My health gets a little better every day. Right now the most annoying thing is a lingering cough. With my weak lungs that may hang on until the truly nice weather gets here.

The local micro climate has been a good eight to ten degrees cooler than what’s predicted. Days that are supposed to get into the mid fifties only reach the mid forties. My guess is that my local area is adversely affected by the giant chunk of frozen ice on the lake right next door. Prevailing winds have been blowing off the ice.

There have been some amazing deals on sailboats just under thirty feet. By today’s standards that’s not too big, but it’s a good size for us. There’s room to satisfy my lovely wife’s needs and wants, and it’s small enough to be easily single handed. Smaller boats are much cheaper all around, everything from spare parts to dockage.

Those deals tease me as I’m really trying get my medical bills sorted out first. Hopefully I’ll have a better idea what’s happening there in a couple weeks. That would be the responsible thing to do. Of course, there are times when I question myself for even trying to act like a mature adult. It’s a lot less fun.

So anyway, all in all, things are fine.

-Sixbears

6 comments:

  1. I hope things continue to swing your way. Always nice when a plan comes together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was discouraging for a while there, but things have been looking up lately.

      Delete
  2. It sounds like things are working out for you. Hope you find just the right boat for you and your wife.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 30 feet! Now that will make your time down here comfortable and maybe some time in the Bahamas?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what my lovely wife thinks. That's what matters.

      Delete