StatCounter

Sunday, May 12, 2019

Road trip Results



Friday was a long day. I drove a couple hundred miles. We spent time with family and went to my granddaughter’s concert.

This was the furthest we’ve traveled and longest I’ve been on my feet since getting out of the hospital. To be honest, my right leg was a bit sore and somewhat swollen at the end of the day. However, it was right back to normal in the morning

Saturday my daughter and I tackled a couple of ceiling fan projects. We got one installed and fully functional. The second one was a bit tougher. The old one did not want to come down. We didn’t have the instructions, of course, so we had to figure out how everything went together. After we removed it, we discovered the electrical box was poorly secured. No wonder the old fan wobbled like a drunken frat boy.

I offered to see what I could do about that, but the day was getting on. My daughter said she has someone who can secure the electrical box for her. After that, thanks to having put up the first fan, she feel pretty confident she can install the second one. Nothing like a couple of good ceiling fans to keep cooling costs down.

The trip back north was pretty slow going in the Boston area. It is said that Boston is an hour away from Boston. Once we got north of Concord New Hampshire, we pretty much had the roads to ourselves. That’s the kind of driving I enjoy.

A van I was interested in checking out was pulled off of Craigslist, so that didn’t happen. No problem. I’m looking to contact another person closer to home about their vehicle. Something suitable will eventually come my way.

I hope all you mothers out there have a Happy Mother’s Day. I know I miss mine so connect with yours if you still can.

-Sixbears



4 comments:

  1. Glad that you didn't have any lasting bad affects from your road trip and fan installation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Getting better every day,but it's still a process.

      Delete
  2. Missing my Mama today, too, Sixbears.
    Got a call from 1 out of the 3 kids, and a text from the step, but the day isn't over yet - hope still reigns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck Hermit's Baby Sis! My lovely wife missed a call from daughter #3 because daughter #2 has taken her out for the afternoon. We saw daughter #1 yesterday. By the way, those numbers are birth order, not standing. :)

      Delete