StatCounter

Friday, May 31, 2019

Reorganized



Back when I was in the hospital, friends and family did some cleaning and organizing at my house. They did a great job and the place was a lot more comfortable for me when I got home. They did good work and most of my stuff could be found when needed.

Most.

Sometimes it takes a while to discover things. Last fall I was installing some new cleats on the trailer sailor and broke a bolt. So I finally got around to changing it yesterday. The bolt came out fine, but when I went to get the replacement all my stainless steel bolts were gone. In fact, I had a whole ammo can full of stainless bolts and screws. The can was there, but nothing was in it. No idea why that would have been emptied out in the first place.

The search was on. It was pretty successful -in some ways. The charger for my marine radio showed up. The marine flag mount for the boat was at the bottom of a box of paperwork. In fact, lots of missing odds and and ends were found. Of course, the bolts are still gone. The surest way to find them is to buy replacements.

I even found a handgun in a locked box. Yeah, I forgot about a handgun. Don’t judge me. It was safely stored away, just not with the rest of the guns.

Speaking of locks, my boat locks appeared. My sailboat has three things can be padlocked, the gas locker, the side compartment and the hatch. To make things easy all three locks use the same key. That way I’m never fumbling with a bunch of keys to find the right one. I prefer keyed locks over combinations as they are easier to unlock in the dark. I can feel the key in the dark, but you have to see the numbers to work a combination.

Tomorrow I’m finally going to sort through my storage and see what I really have and what will have to replaced. Really I am. Tomorrow.

-Sixbears

6 comments:

  1. Interesting, isn't it, Sixbears, the things you find that you had forgotten you needed or just had given up on? Hubby is clearing our deck, which has become a storage area for junk. Takes longer than anticipated as he finds more stuff that he really "needs", then has to find another place to store it.
    Good luck with your search ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's funny how when traveling I can live out of a backpack and not feel like I'm missing anything. While at home I collect lots of stuff. Go figure.

      Delete
  2. That is the upside to cleaning up or hunting something down - its like getting three or four Christmas presents. Half the time, what I find is something I forgot I owned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does feel like Christmas again. Maybe I should make some eggnog before digging through the stuff, just to help the feeling along.

      Delete