StatCounter

Monday, June 18, 2012

Is this where you expected to be?



My lovely wife and I were enjoying our morning coffee’s while sitting out in the sun. She asked me if this is where I expected to be way back when I was growing up.

“Yeah, pretty much,” I said, “although there are plenty of things that are bonus.”

It’s better than expected as there some wonderful things that happened in my life that I never even dreamed of.

That’s not to say the road was straight. There brushes with death, financial ruin, family issues -a whole laundry list of trials. In spite of it all, here I am pretty much where I hoped to be. Happily married with a good family, living where I want to live.

That’s not to say it couldn’t all go away tomorrow. That’s the nature of life. There are no happily ever afters. Even the best lives eventually end.

However, once in a while, it’s good to reflect and be grateful for our blessings. Then it’s time to wash those coffee cups and the rest of the breakfast dishes. Life goes on.

-Sixbears

5 comments:

  1. That post just about says it as good as anything I've ever read.

    Excellent post my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Hermit Jim, you are too kind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the above comments. Sure glad it all worked out for you. Enjoy it. Life does go on and when you reach my age it goes by a lot faster.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always good to take a moment and look around at what you have.

    ReplyDelete