StatCounter

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Road test and other things



I’ve been on the road for a couple days. Drove over 300 miles in the diesel to veggie converted ambulance. I’m feeling more confident in my handiwork. No leaks and it ran fine at highway speeds. Even did great through the steep winding mountain roads.

Came back just in time to help a friend move and install some 5 X 8 foot signs. His help had to bail on him at the last minute so I filled in. My vehicle worked well as a contractor van.

As soon as I could get away from that job, I scooted over to the Acoustic Cafe to meet up with my lovely wife. She was looking for me as she’d scored some waste veggie and needed me to move it. We picked up over 15 gallons of French fry oil from a food concession at a classic car event. Thank you very much.

It’s been too much coffee, too little sleep, and too few meals. Time to get a bite to eat then go to bed.

-Sixbears

13 comments:

  1. Stupid question but does the exhaust smell like the oil you burn? Say you are burning the ff oil. Does it smell like fries? I would be hungry all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Normally smells like fries. From a Chinese place, the oil can smell like soy sauce. Got oil from a fish fry once . . . once. That was bad. Good thing it was during a cool spell and people had their windows rolled up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does the smell of fries or soy sauce make you hungry? Sorry, I had to ask the silly question. You truly are saving gas money by using oil. I can only imagine, there's plenty of oil from the restaurants in town.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes it does make me hungry. More importantly, it makes the cop behind me hungry. He then decides it's break time.

      Delete
  4. You should go into business. Open a 'convert 'em' shop. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm helped with a number of conversions, but I'm more a trade for favors guy than a go in business guy.

      Delete
  5. You should stop by the base sometime to show off the refurbished rig! I know Jonathan would love to see what you did. He's usually working on Thursdays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea Adam. I'm just now starting to work on the inside "camper" part.

      Delete
  6. Free fuel, what a great day for you and yours. Glad to hear the new vehicle is coming together. Are you going to drive it to Florida this winter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the plan. Getting a trailer hitch installed this evening.

      Delete
  7. Glad the road test all went well! Sounds to me like the test covered the full range of possibilities!

    ReplyDelete