StatCounter

Saturday, December 12, 2015

All my boaty stuff



Yesterday was another long one. The car trip back to the marina was exhausting. I've been traveling pretty much nonstop. It didn't help that we were caught in traffic and delayed over an hour.

It took me two days to haul all my stuff out of my car. However, my lovely wife's stuff hadn't been packed yet. When we were dropped off at the marina, we filled two more marina carts. To be fair, a lot of the load was the composting toilet. It took well into the evening to get enough space cleared out so we could have room to sleep.

Once we were dropped off we were on our own. That's the point where I hoped I'd brought enough tools and hardware to complete my projects. It's a long walk to the hardware store so I made do with what I have. For example, the screws I had were too long for securing the composting toilet, but I have a hacksaw. It's all good.

So now the composting toilet and the solar panel are both installed. The charge controller needed to be taken all apart. Someone in China must hate their job. The screws that hold down the wires were all torqued tightly the wrong way. Only by disassembling the whole controller was I able to figure out what happened. It tool some searching around, but I did find the right screwdriver to really reef on the screws without stripping them.

The boat looks pretty messy right now. I'm kinda glad we are at the end of the dock where I can do my projects without bothering people. I think it might be nap time. The clean up can wait a bit.

-Sixbears

14 comments:

  1. But it is still progress Six Bears. Hang in there brother, I see good cruising in your future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are committed to being in the marina until Tuesday. If all goes well we can set out after that.

      Delete
  2. You'll be glad you took the time to tie up all those loose ends, once you're asail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad the major things are sorting out. Much easier with dock power and water.

      Delete
  3. Naps are good - they recharge your batteries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We aren't quite adapted to water life yet. The constant motion wears you out at first.

      Delete
  4. I'll bet it feels good to you two being able to sleep on the water again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's like being home -another one of our homes.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like you are making progress, my friend. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could untie the lines and cast off now, so that's a good feeling. Still, there's a few things to sort out first.

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am thinking of buying a houseboat in MA and berthing it in FL. Advice?

    ReplyDelete