StatCounter

Friday, December 11, 2015

No photos today



No photos from the marina today. Out straight again.

The composting head came it. Looks like it's all there. It should fit nicely into the boat. Of course, the boat is a total mess right now. Nothing has been put away.

The big goal was to get everything to the boat as I am putting the car in storage. When you live on a boat it's not easy to make a quick run to the store. There is a Publix only a half mile away. That's actually not too bad, but it's a long haul for heavy things. Today I bought canned and dry goods. We'll take a walk over to pick up the fresh stuff just before leaving.

I think I have everything needed to fabricate a mount for the solar panel. In fact, it better be enough as it's a good long walk to the hardware store. Yes, I've heard of things like cabs, but they want money. Don't talk to me about Uber.

The guys are the marina can't wait to meet my lovely wife. (Some doubt she even exists.) They wonder what kind of woman will go off sailing with a character like me on a small boat.

-Sixbears

10 comments:

  1. should you change your name to sixbears on the sea?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "They wonder what kind of woman will go off sailing with a character like me on a small boat."
    Ya, so do we! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you find a woman willing to go backpacking, in the snow, marry her. She'll most likely be up to other things later on.

      Delete
  3. They will probably want to know if she has a sister...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two, but she's the only one who took after her father. She has the adventure gene.

      Delete
  4. A woman like your wife is hard to find so you better do everything in your power to keep her and to keep her happy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really envy you the adventure. You must have been a viking in a previous life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I've viking ancestors, so there's that.

      Delete