StatCounter

Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Onward!



My lovely wife and I were able to take care of our business in Central Florida. Now I'm heading down to Ft. Myers to work on the boat. The most important job, according to my lovely wife, is to vacuum up any spiders or other weird bugs. While it's docked at a marina a few pressing projects can be accomplished.

Mainly, the idea is to do what has to be done at the dock, then make sure there is enough stuff on board so we can work out on anchor somewhere. That includes cooking fuel and provisioning. The idea is to make the boat seaworthy, comfortable, and has enough rum, scotch, and bourbon to provide the necessities of life.

We are way overdue for some lazy days on the water.

I keep getting asked what we are going to do for Christmas. Dang if I know. We'll be on a boat. No telling exactly where we'll end up.


-Sixbears

12 comments:

  1. Have fun ! Enjoy the new boat it is your Christmas present.(birthday anniversary, fathers day)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just float around and relax, or anchor in some lovely, private cove somewhere, if there still is private, lovely coves somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they do exist, and I know where to find them. Sounds like a plan!

      Delete
  3. "I keep getting asked what we are going to do for Christmas." The answer to that question is - Sailing...playing with the dolphins. And you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christmas on your boat sounds like a great plan.

    I have seen advertisements for a new show about the real Moby Dick, who sank a whaling ship. I don't guess that kind of fare would be very interesting if you live on a small boat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Worse yet, one of the survivors of the adventure is a distant relative of my wife's. She's from Nantucket whalers.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like you'll soon be in the Christmas spirits. (Admit it; you just KNEW someone was going to say it!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. . . . and why am I not surprised that it's you? :)

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete