StatCounter

Thursday, December 24, 2015

Car Rental Crazies



Okay, here's a head's up. If you are going to rent a car around a major holiday, make sure you do it in advance. I'm glad I did.

I had Enterprise pick me up at the marina. Somehow they never gave the driver my new cell phone number. The one they used belonged to a phone that went swimming in the ocean a year ago. It was the driver's first day on the job too. In spite of that it only took him an extra 5 minutes to find me. Then the guy wasn't too sure he could find his way back to the rental place, but we made it just fine.

That's when things got interesting. There was a whole extend family hanging around the car rental -a very well dressed and near to violence family. Apparently there was some last minute problem with their car. I did not want to get involved, but things were getting really heated.

I'd reserved a compact car. They had nothing on the lot. A few minutes later a full sized crew cab pickup was turned in. Enterprise asked if I wanted it for the same price as the compact. Heck yeah! It got me out of there and on the road. That angry family was looking at me funny as I drove off the lot. Not sure what their problem was, but I knew they'd never catch me on foot.

My lovely wife and I had compiled a list of things we needed for the boat. A goodly part of that list was filled at a West Marine on the way to my step mom's. Traffic was crazy, but we made it here just fine. This will be Christmas will our Florida family.

Hope everyone out there has a good holiday. Be safe out there.

-Sixbears

12 comments:

  1. I hope your Christmas is pleasant and uneventful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and your wife have a very Merry Christmas SixBears. Rest up for your sailing.

    Wade in NW Florida

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Wade. May your Christmas be a good one.

      Delete
  3. Have a blessed Christmas with family, Sixbears!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chicken mom. May your holiday be bright.

      Delete
  4. Glad you got your ride and didn't get attacked by that angry family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One guy had a really nasty look on his face when he saw I had a rental and he did not.

      Delete
  5. Have a very Merry Christmas and a safe sailing New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Momlady! Merry Christmas to you and yours!

      Delete
  6. Good manners often go by the board when someone who is used to having their way suddenly doesn't get it. Sounds like those folks may be that way. Good thing it worked out where you were able to bail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bad manners, plus the stress many feel this time of year are not good combination.

      Have a good Christmas.

      Delete