StatCounter

Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Holding pattern



It's a truism that everything takes longer. That certainly applies to anything concerning boats. I'd expected to be off and away from the dock by now. The big hold up is that I'm still trying to get together with the previous owner. We are trying to work around his schedule. He has some boat parts for us and wants to take us sailing. Since we want to be “shown the ropes” it's worth waiting for him.

However, I think the marina is looking to get rid of us. The place is really filling up. Marinas charge by the foot so I think they are hoping to replace us with a much larger boat.

The weather had been nice, but a cold front is moving in. My big concern is that the winds are exactly in the wrong direction. Our outboard is tiny so there will be no bashing into the waves. That and I still have very little gasoline. Maybe if I can come to some agreement with the marina we can sit out the bad weather.

The wifi at the marina has been pretty hit or miss. Sometimes I can watch Youtube. Other times it's too weak to deliver e-mail.

I've a couple photos of the boat as a work in progress, but it's been difficult to upload them. My solution has been to activate my AT&T hotspot and get on-line that way.


Solar Panel and outboard.


-Sixbears

8 comments:

  1. Well the dog looks very happy! Hopefully you can get everything wrapped up and get out of there soon and on to new places.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the Marina will cut you some slack. Your boat looks great. You're living the dream. I always wanted to do that, but the wife won't and I think deep down I'm probably not confident enough to try living on a boat and going out of sight of land. I keep remember the scene in Kon Tiki with the gargantuan sharks just under the raft.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just didn't talk to the marina people and they didn't approach me. I did have an oral agreement that I could stay up to a second month, but oral agreements are worth the paper they are written on.

      You can have a lot of adventures coastal cruising. We don't plan on crossing oceans -the Gulf Stream to the Carib some day, but that's just a day or two out of sight of land.

      Sharks are just there to remind us that we aren't always the top of the food chain.

      Delete
  3. She's lovely, Sixbears! Many, many happy years of sailing and adventures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chickenmom. She's old, but I like the lines.

      Delete
  4. Ditto Chickenmom, Sixbears. Hope you're gone this time tomorrow ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, we went . . . and came back. Motor issues to straighten out. Might just stay in the marina for a bit yet. I've got a plan B

      Delete