StatCounter

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Off the back of the boat



This is the view from the back of our sailboat. That boat in the left of the photo is about 75 feet long. The bridge in the distances is the Rt. 41 bridge into Fort Myers.



I would have liked to have taken some sailing pics, but it didn't work out. Once we got away from the big condo towers near the marina, the wind was much stronger than we thought. (and was predicted!) It was all we could do to hold on. Sailing pics will have to wait until things are a bit more sedate.

We are still learning this boat. Doing it while flying along at full hull speed, navigating the channel, and dodging hazards keep us too busy for photos. The sailing was a bit tricky.

The good thing is that we really got to push the boat to see what it can do. It can do plenty. I like it. As I'd hoped, this boat sails well.

The boat came with a little Honda 4 stroke 2hp outboard. The previous owner claimed it could push the boat along at 4 knots. I did not believe him. Today, I'm a believer. It did exactly as claimed. An honest seller, go figure.

-Sixbears

4 comments:

  1. Enjoy seeing your sailing pictures, even if from the dock.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After the holiday I should be able to get some real sailing pics.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you're happy with the boat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're happy with the boat! :)

    ReplyDelete