StatCounter

Sunday, April 3, 2016

A day out and about



My lovely wife and I connected with some friends we haven't seen in six or seven months. They live over 100 miles away from us so we split the travel difference.

We met at a shooting range. This place is open to the public, has nice shooting stations, and is totally free and unsupervised. Only in America.

My buddy always brings interesting things to the range for us to play with. Among other items he brought a Luger, a Broom Handle Mauser, and SIG's version of the AK. All interesting firearms to shoot.

After a couple hours on the range they took my lovely wife and I out to lunch. Really great to get together. My buddy and I have been friends since Jr. High School. Not saying that was a long time ago, but our History book was a pamphlet as most recorded History hadn't happened yet.

We took our time meandering home and checked out the changes that happened while we were away. My lovely wife, on an earlier trip with our daughter, had come across an antique marine compass and wanted to show it to me. It's not the sort of thing you normally find in a shop far from the ocean.


I suggested we could get the compass and then later build the right boat to slip underneath it. She's still not keen on me building another boat. However, she's not opposed to getting another one, so there's that.

All in all, a great day.

-Sixbears

8 comments:

  1. Ha! I was wondering if she'd introduce you to that compass!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, they want more than I want to pay, but it is a cool instrument. It's so old it was made in the USA.

      Delete
  2. Slipping a good boat under the compass? Now that sounds like a plan! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. As if you needed an excuse to build or buy another boat. But, just in case you did, that gift of a boat compass should surely do the trick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll eventually buy. I am tempted to build, but it takes time.

      Delete
  4. Sixbears,

    Beautiful compass!!!
    It's always nice to get together with long time friends. Hubby and I did the same thing a couple of months back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You never know what you'll find out there.

      Always great to get together with old friends -in person, not on Facebook.

      Delete