StatCounter

Thursday, March 7, 2019

Ain’t dead yet



My x-ray appointment went well. I was in and out of there in about 20 minutes. A few hours later my podiatrist called. She had already examined the x-rays. We came to an agreement on a suitable treatment. My appointment will be during the first week of April. I figured I might as well get everything done while I can. My foot isn’t bothering me too badly, but I’m not walking a lot of miles yet. If not attended to the foot could get worse.

The podiatrist was concerned for my leg. The last time she saw me it still had opened wounds. She said she would not work on my foot if my wounds were open. I assured her they were closed and the healing was going well. My progress has been so good it’s been hard to believe.

These doctors don’t know me all that well. Years ago I was told I’d be dead before I was 45. I’m turning 61 this month. I’m pretty good at exceeding expectations. Sure, I spent a couple years passing out and coughing up blood, but that didn’t stop me. After two years I was well enough to go back to college. Another year later and I was driving a car once more. Not bad for a guy who wasn’t healthy enough to cross the street without stopping halfway to rest.

This time around one of the doctors took one look at my fat self and decided I was diabetic. Never mind that my lab tests are perfect. In fact, all my blood tests are in the normal range and my blood pressure is good. Even my oxygen levels are good. Not bad for a guy who’s levels were in the low seventies for months after my lung injury. By the way, lungs take a long time to heal -it’s hard.

The recent hospital stay, with it’s heavy duty intravenous antibiotics and drugs finally eliminated the persistent infections. It would be a shame to have all that good work go to waste. When I was discharged my daughter took me into her home to take care of me. While I was there family and friends got my house ready for my return. I’ve got good people.

Many people prayed for me and set positive energy my way. I thank you all. I’m sure it’s made a big difference.

-Sixbears

8 comments:

  1. You gotta hang in there and just keep going. Good luck with the toes!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a long road but I'm on my way. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. It finally took IV's to get rid of my cellulitis. All the doctors were abiding by the governments guidelines about addiction or whatever and wouldn't give me oral meds long enough to cure it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think if they'd have given me a couple more weeks of oral antibiotics this would have been taken care of months ago.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad to hear your health has improved so much. It sounds like your efforts to get better is working great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had to struggle back from ill health before and can do it again. Nice to be making daily progress.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like you are well on your way to being even better than your old self. As for the Dr. who thinks you're diabetic? Tell him to take a flying leap. - Momlady

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll never let him treat me again. I think I'll outlive him. It's the best revenge.

      Delete