StatCounter

Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Health Progress



I’m still making headway with my recovery from the leg infection. The leg looks better all the time. Still paying attention to the doctor’s orders. He has me going for short walks three times a day. When not walking, he wants my feet to be elevated. Leg swelling is still an issue, but progress is being made.

Today I’m going back to the hospital for more x-rays. It doesn’t actually have anything to do with my leg infection. This time is for a recurring problem with ingrown toenails. Sometimes it’s painful to walk. The x-rays are to check to see if there are bone spur issues. Since I plan on doing more and more walking, taking good care of my feet is essential.

Might as well get all my doctoring done before the bills come in. Currently none of them have been defaulted on, but that might change. The big bill for my hospital stay hasn’t come in yet. Let’s see if they are able to cut me a deal or not.

-Sixears

12 comments:

  1. One of my coworkers told me that he was able to cut the cost down substantially by offering "I can pay you this today if you can reduce the cost to ----". Cash discount - it could help.

    Glad to hear your healing continues progressing - hope that continues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They'll cut me a deal for cash, but I'd still have to set up some sort of payment plan.

      Delete
  2. Glad you are doing better. As for the hospital? As long as you send them a payment every month they can't dun you. On the memo line put "Toward balance due" - Momlady

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's something I'd have to work out with the hospital.

      Delete
  3. Not every hospital does billing the same; ours is pretty quick to send it to collections.
    Best to confirm a payment plan w them, rather than make one up yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. I'm waiting to hear from them. Today's x-rays went well

      Delete
  4. Good to hear you are getting better, slow but sure. Follow the Doc's instructions and by the time the snow melts you'll be out and about!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the plan. Looking forward to the good weather. No sign of it yet, but that just gives me more time to heal.

      Delete