StatCounter

Saturday, June 1, 2019

Hair today, gone tomorrow



I am not a vain man. Clothes have never been about fashion. If my pants have good pockets it’s what really matters. Shirts keep the sun and bugs off . . . and paint, epoxy, tar, etc..

As for my hair, it was easy to let it grow long and put it in a pony tail. A bit of brushing and a hair tie and it was good. The last time it was cut was four or five years ago. My hair became soaked with epoxy while working on a boat. It was hacked off in a bit of emergency grooming, right down to the skin -not exactly a professional job.

Well, almost on a whim I decided to see my local barber and get it cut professionally. He used to cut hair part time back when was a firefighter. He’s continued with his shop since his retirement from the city. The place is old school, like something out of the 50s. It’s so old school that for cutting my hair and trimming my beard, he charged $7.

You know how when someone in the movies wants to hide their identity they grow a beard and let their hair grow longer? That always seemed backwards to me. It takes time to do that. If you normally have long hair and a beard, cutting them off changes your appearance a lot quicker. Just a random thought there. I’m not trying to hide from anyone.

My lovely wife seems to like the short hair, so it’s all good. Actually, she didn’t mind it long either. I think it’s me she likes.

-Sixbears

10 comments:

  1. Time to update your profile picture.
    I shaved off mt beard and mustache once back in the mid 90's. I had a friend who told me that I was so ugly that he would kick my ass if I ever did it again.
    He was serious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't updated in a long time. Still have the beard, so that's good.

      Some of us just look better with beards. :)

      Delete
  2. Hi 'Bears...,
    Backinthe "LONG" hairdaze.. there was a "Broadway play" named "HAIR!! We were young then... Then it was "LONG HAIR" today it is "Longing for hair" It keeps falling out!! KnowwhatImean??
    skybill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seem to have grown a lot more forehead over the years. Maybe the pony tail was too tight?

      Delete
  3. And that $7 haircut would be a lot cheaper, but Louie's customers get on him to raise his rates every once in a while since he can't bring himself to do it. Damn good barber.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was a darn good firefighter. Much stronger than he looks and absolutely fearless. Best man for aggressive internal attack. You'd never know it looking at him.

      Delete
  4. Yeah, Kathy likes mine long too. Beard and all. So during the summer I grow it out until after archery season ( it's good camo )
    Bout drives me nuts with the heat and humidity tho.
    Don't understand the skinhead look either, good way to sunburn the head ! That hair is good protection from the sun and cushions against bumping into things...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have hope of actually getting some heat this summer so thought I'd trim it down. It's short, but not shaved like during my epoxy accident. Still have some padding.

      Delete
  5. That last sentence is the main thing.

    ReplyDelete