StatCounter

Thursday, January 19, 2023

Back Home


I know I’ve been MIA for a while. My lovely wife and I got together with family in Massachusets. It was the gathering we were supposed to have for Christmas, but people got sick. Everyone is now recovered and it was a wonderful visit. 


In fact, it was such a nice time we were in no hurry to get home. We stayed longer than originally planned. Then on the way home we visited with friends in southern New Hampshire and spent time with them. I’ve friends that I’ve kept in contact with since my Junior High days. 


We also were able to avoid traveling in bad weather conditions. I don’t mind a little snow, but freezing rain is something to avoid if at all possible.


While the trip was great, it’s good to be home.


-Sixbears

10 comments:

  1. Glad your trip worked out for you and your friends.

    Sorry for changing the subject, but like you, I also require a CPAP to get a restful night of sleep. But electricity they run on can be cut off and you need an alternative. Most went with stand alone battery power.

    Just became aware that there are some sleep apnea units not requiring ANY electricity. Some don't even require a prescription. Good news for me as I was just getting serious about searching for a battery for my unit. Camping and traveling may now be much easier to accomplish.

    https://www.sleepfoundation.org/cpap/epap-therapy

    It doesn't appear to be for everybody. If your requirements for a lot of air to be pumped, you are likely out of the running. But for slight or moderate cases of apnea, this is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm always interested in better ways to deal with sleep apnea. This is news to me.

      Delete
  2. Welcome home, hoping the coming bit "O snow is easy to shovel. Spent yesterday removing ice from the driveway so it would be safer snow blowing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That heavy waterlogged snow we've had recently is a PITA. We used to get the light fluffy stuff. Rather deal with two feet of that than six inches of the heavy slop we've been getting.

      Delete
    2. Or is it like the MAGA crowds always saying yesterday was better and they'd like to return to like it was then ?
      When in reality it's just the normal wish for yesterday... because in fact we were younger then and everything was easier lol.

      Delete
    3. Good point Spud. I used to be able to deal with more crap than I do now. I thought it was just me losing patience, but it's probably being older and slower. :)

      Delete
    4. Well , I do admit that my patience level control does seem to be less as I grow older too lol.
      Though , still I am overly blessed it seems with much more patience than most...

      Delete
    5. Self control appears to be a lost art for a lot of people.

      Delete