StatCounter

Monday, January 2, 2023

Neighborhood Test



Here’s a test to see what kind of neighborhood you live in. Picture this. You walk into your neighbor’s yard and their dogs come out. Are they happy to see you or will they try to rip your throat out?


If it’s the former, you’re on pretty good terms with you neighbor. If it’s the latter, that could be a problem. Could you imagine getting on better terms with them? Are you already feuding? Why does it matter?


It matters a lot. In a bad situation are they part of the solution or part of the problem? 


Recently we got hit with a pretty significant storm. The grid went down. So what was one of my first thoughts? I was wondering if my neighbor was going to be okay. We are all on private wells here and without power the well pumps don’t work. That’s one of the major reasons I put in solar electricity so many years ago. Water is life. I also saw that they had enough wood in their woodpile to last a while. 


As it turned out the grid was only down for an hour and a half. The neighbor had their plow guy clear the snowbank from behind my cars. They ended up helping me out more than I helped them -this time. 


By the way, the neighbor’s dogs love me.


-Sixbears

6 comments:

  1. Yippie , almost done with the new roof on the shed. Only two pieces left. The next three days are supposed to be beautiful and right at eighty degrees.
    Always a next project ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Progress! We are in a mild wet spell. Weird for this time of year.

      Delete
  2. I like my neighbor's dog. My neighbor's got a good kid, I see him at school everyday. My neighbor, well he's almost as strange as I am, so I guess that's good, right?

    ReplyDelete