StatCounter

Monday, January 23, 2023

Coughing Hacking Sneezing



My lovely wife and I went to a small concert. I’m guessing there were over 200 people there. We went to the same venue back in the before time. You know, pre-2020. 


In years past you’d be treated to a lot of coughing, hacking and sneezing. The lack of that sort of thing really stood out. Apparently sick people now stay home rather than go to concerts. Of course, my sample is pretty small. I’m curious if that holds true in other places?


I’m guessing it’s not as socially acceptable to spread your germs everywhere. I hope that’s the case. 


Another practice that can go away forever is coming into work sick. People used to take pride in dragging themselves into work even if they were half dead. That never made much sense to me. How does it benefit the company if everyone gets sick and works well below par? 


Back in my firefighter days we had that tough guy pride. Guys would work the job no matter how bad they felt. Often they’d gamble on having a slow day. Being the young guy with things to prove I fell into that trap myself. As I got older I learned better. 


Instead of gambling on having a slow work day, I would ask myself if I could handle a bad day at work. One of the first times I called in sick the department was out all night in sub-zero temps at a sawmill fire. There was no way that I could have done the job properly and would have not pulled my weight. That really made it clear to me that sick people should stay home. 


It looks like that attitude has spread, and that’s a good thing. 


-Sixbears

11 comments:

  1. Yup like the anti mask crowd , saying that masks don't work. Yet while everyone was wearing them( more or less). The incidence of flu cases dropped to virtually nothing. Yet still they couldn't correlate the obvious...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still carry a really good mask with me everywhere. Some places here still require them. Numbers of infections are really low in my local area right now.

      Delete
  2. Now a days coming in sick carries allot of responsibility. Can a person be charged as a biological weapon?

    ReplyDelete
  3. As someone that has worn a surgical mask professionally for many 8-12 hour shifts over the decades, masks are not magic.

    Even the Box right before me says it doesn't protect against viruses like COVID.

    Take a look at your hands. There is 10 of the main reasons nasties get into your system. If wearing a mask PROPERLY (not as a chin guard, no nose sticking out etc.) AND it reminds you to wash your hands and not stick those dirty digits into your mouth, rub your eyes, and nose, they have a reasonably good result.

    Spud maybe the lack of the Flu but the massive over-counting of COVID might tell you something?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The people working the local Walmart didn't know how to wear a mask right. You'd think they'd know.

      Delete
    2. Michael, what are the possibilities that a certain percentage of the population has a natural immunity? I've noticed a small percentage of the community has never shown any signs, of course I'm talking fully vacced folks, but still? thanks

      Delete
  4. John that's an excellent question.

    Natural Immunity vs an excellent immune system?

    Chicken and the egg parable.

    Frankly without massive use of tests (costing someone a pretty penny) and the "Free" home tests (TANSTAAFL, I bet you know it) most of us would never have known they had the dreaded COVID.

    Serious COVID is real, but rare. Most is at the level of a flu or cold.

    My personal opinion from several decades in medical employment is that the COVID was a low-level Bioweapon developed by Dr. Fasci under "Gain of Function" and once "banned" in the USA transferred first to Canada and then to China where WE paid for the work.

    You might want to look at https://www.centerforhealthsecurity.org/our-work/exercises/event201/about

    Please note the date of the event and the people speaking

    Now look at https://www.yalemedicine.org/news/covid-timeline

    Note the date COVID was "Discovered".

    I could bore you with links to Dr. Fasci's own words and emails and such but why bother. COVID has become a religion.

    God designed us a powerful immune system, most serious plagues in history if you do some research were preceded by malnutrition, thus a weakened immune system.

    Natural immunity to a designed Bioweapon? Maybe but I feel it's more the healthy immune system to the lack of COVID (OR Lack of Obsessive Testing) in those folks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry upon rereading your post I forgot.

    I know from hospital employment a LOT of fully vaxxed and boosted folks. I also know a few of us that refused to get the vaccine so labor under a fully masked-weekly testing rule at work.

    I notice from observations that far too many fully vaxxed folks are getting COVID several times over the past two years. I have not despite working in a COVID hot zone as well as shopping in Walmart and I know but two non-vaxxed coworkers that had to miss work for COVID.

    In medical history when you graph disease vs vaccination that as vaccination goes UP disease goes down.

    I'd welcome someone showing me that in this COVID vaxx.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thank you for your reply. I work in the two worst hot spots to be, a public school system, and yes, Walmart. I am fully vaxed complete with the extra special booster thing and have to my knowledge never had the evil disease. Of course my fingers are crossed under the table as I type this as to avoid the annoying personal curse. However, I'm an old fart myself, grew up on a Ranch out West, and don't get ill very often. Just suffer from old bones and professional owies from the past. I will do some research and see what trouble I can create. Peace and Balance,

      Delete