StatCounter

Monday, January 14, 2013

Made it to Florida



My lovely wife and I made it safely down to Florida -in spite of drivers on cell phones. American highways are weird.

The veggie van ran well. It got me just about to Georgia before I had to switch to diesel. I could have packed more jugs of veggie, but there are diminishing returns. At some point all your veggie is burned up to haul all your veggie. In retrospect, I could have packed another 4 jugs or so. That's about it.

The trip took about a day more than it normally does. Heavy fog from Vermont to the middle of Virgina slowed me down. However, I must admit that having a very comfortable bed in the van changed things. Instead of grabbing a quick nap in a car seat, I crawled into the back and actually got a couple decent night's sleep. It was nice to arrive not totally zombied out.

Tomorrow, in the daylight, I'll take 1700 miles of road grime off the van and boat.

-Sixbears


24 comments:

  1. A shame you couldn't pick up some more veggie oil enroute...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It used to be possible to do so, but the biodiesel pants have taken my supply.

      Delete
  2. Welcome to my home state. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. now go find a nudist beach and broil a nice tan

    Wildflower

    ReplyDelete
  4. Send some sunshine this way, please. I'm getting a bit soggy from all the rain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you're there safe, Dad. Say hi to Grandpa for us. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool to see that our old "Med 3" is working out for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a workhorse. Glad you turned us on to it.

      Delete
  7. Glad y'all made it with the minimum of hassle!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wash down the camper but the boat can be wave washed on a shakedown cruise with dinner on a beach.Your itching to anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad y'all made it safe and sound. Now it's sailing time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is it warmer or cooler in Florida than back at home?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I'm in shorts and sandals now and left NH during an ice storm.

      Delete